Children traveling alone
Rules for children traveling alone with The Hardangerfjord Express Boat
- Seats for children (6-12 years old) traveling alone or together with children in the same age group, must be booked at latest the day before departure at +47 98 24 15 30.
- There is a limit of maximum 5 children each departure. This is because we want to take the best possible care of the children during the journey.
- An adult have to follow the child to the departure quay, and attendance must be at latest 10 minutes before departure.
- Completed registration form must be brought and delivered to the crew on board. The child have to bring NOK in cash for ticket payment (unless the ticket is pre-booked at rodne.no).
- Rødne can not take any responsibility for childrens traveling on corresponding transport. Rødnes responsibility is limited to the sceduled journey with us.
- If the child is not being picked up at the arrival quay as stated, the captain on board will contact the person who delivered the child to the departure quay. It is this persons responsibility that the child is picked up at the arrival quay.
- The adult delivering the child to the departure quay is obligated to sign that they have read and accepted the rules for children traveling alone.
- Rødne does not have any responsibility for children traveling alone without completed registration form.
- The ship’s captain has at every opportunity the right to reject requests for children to travel alone if he / she does not find this acceptable. (For example, by bad weather and busy days).
- Please also see the Ombudsman for Children in Norway’s interpretation of and guide for children traveling alone by ferry and boat: barneombudet.no